The Wait

Have you ever waited? If yes, for how long and what was the thing you waited for? Was it a 'thing' or something that takes in oxygen and gives out carbon dioxide? Was the wait worth it? Was your patience rewarded? 

Do tell me because I am someone who waited for the wrong things in life. Things that never showed up. Things that made promises of eternity but acted too nonchalantly. They say things in life are transitory but they never complete their sentence. Well, I've realized that the complete sentence ought to be: things in life are transitory, make memories but don't live on them. The things that make us the most happy or unhappy are non-existent. Its just the memory of a thing that makes us overwhelmed. Then why is it that we hold on to memories. What is the wait for when we can just surpass the moment and go exploit the next big goal? The idea of holding on to things of the past or things unreal always itched me but when reality knocks on the door of your imaginations and ideologies you can't just sit back and pretend to have not heard the knock. Reality can neither be ignored or hidden. When reality speaks, life begins and with life come the thousands of moments that keep us on the wait. So the wait is a part of the process of living and living a life is an indicator that reality exists.

 As I sit back and join all the dots, I go back to the thousands of memories I've made with people dead and alive, near and far and I find the answers to my questions; yet when asked to repeat what reality just clarified to me, I  become as unsure and clueless as I was initially. The puzzle of life gets simplified and messed up with each wave that hits the shore; it clears doubts and poses dilemmas with each raindrop that kisses the ground. And we the oxygen-takers-and-carbon-dioxide-givers are mere spectators who witness the process and try getting our heads into the whole thing just to satisfy our vanity.

The next time reality knocks your door to explain the reason behind the wait, do tell me what the answers to my questions are. And there I am....in the wait again....of finding answers to questions answered time and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To all the guys I've loved before...

     There's something about seeing the people you once loved get hitched that hits a weirdly hidden melancholic chord in your heart. To...