No mistakes; only lessons

I'm getting to see the darker side of life and though it's difficult to bear the evil right before your eyes, it ironically proves to be a great teacher. It is rightly said by Robin Sharma that there are no mistakes in life; only lessons. I fully agree and accept this true and raw fact about life. And honestly, I've got no regrets. I don't hate myself for any of the wrong decisions I took in the course of my life; instead I thank the naive and innocent little girl in me for showing up every now and then and making me learn what's right and what's not; what ought to be done and what not!

One major mistake (or rather I should call it a "bitter lesson of life") committed by people of my age (teens) and at times by adults is that we begin hating the person we are supposed to love the most! And that person is no one else but the figure you see when you look into the mirror: its you. Yes! We hate ourselves!For reasons, I never will accept as justified (unless of course you go and kill a person), we tend to dislike ourselves. And the moment we start developing this dangerous and fatal worm of hate for the self in our hearts, we lose the zest for life. Everything in life seems vague to us. Our eyes fail to see the beauty life has to offer and focus only one the "have nots".

The point I want to make here is that: life goes on and on till the second air stops moving in and out of our lungs. From cradle to grave, this journey will contain many, many ups and downs, sometimes more downs than ups but bravery is when we don't let these ephemeral downs lower our morale and love for life. This according to me is a simple little thing which surprisingly stroke me only after seventeen years of having seen the planet, its people, and the many "ups" and "downs" of life. And I know there are people who'll die without knowing this simple little thing. And therefore I felt the need to blog this little secret of life when I know I'm running short of time to complete all those home works and assignments that I've been piling up for weeks now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To all the guys I've loved before...

     There's something about seeing the people you once loved get hitched that hits a weirdly hidden melancholic chord in your heart. To...